Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Clarification of Feelings

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Scott Nocella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hi Alex,

    I've got total respect for all mediums....especially super 8mm.....I believe it's positive to express myself in every moment, and I feel that one day it would be nice to shoot 16mm since I've seen just how nice film is. I like seeing the image come out of a video assist and feeling somewhat what the shot will look like. I do not feel that I have put any other feeling into this project other than my soul and positive feelings since it has been in the making for 3 to 4 years. I build on relationships....and that's what has happened. As for shooting 16mm in the future....yes I'm all for it....I know that if others are bringing a limited amount of gear for the format into obscure locations in the middle of nowhere it would be difficult to plan and there would be a need for larger crew....but I certainly want to grow into that over time....this moment that I've been given is precious to me, and I certainly will be respectful of it. I'm very happy that we will be using a culmination of formats. I love the fact that we can document with options. I'm grateful.

    I never assign my feelings to other people....I only share how I feel in a respectful way so that the greater good can grow. I welcome change and opportunity to grow in every moment whether it's buying breakfast or being involved in this documentary. People all have an intrinsic beauty, and that can be shown on whatever medium that's available.....in essence each medium is a tool......what tool will you use is dependent on what's available to you. For me I've described our kit and I'm happy with it....I put out there words that are not meant to be taken in any negative context....only dreams that need to become realities....not for myself....but for a greater good of delivering a very ancient message that has the content of hope, change, and peace. It's what is needed to heal the wounds of negativity and fear. So with all these tools we will be able to really create a beautiful piece. We have access to plenty of voice over talent.....great editing bays that we own, along with the opportunity to design our piece to be an interactive DVD. So I'm very happy and not wishing for anything else in the here and now....only that we will have more options as a result for any future project. I feel good about expressing myself to you in this way since we can both learn to express ourselves in a good way without any negativity at all. I want good things for all on the board including myself for the things that we share with one another.....this is not a time to concentrate on flaws or derive any negative interpretations from anybodys expression of truth....it's a time for sharing and looking at the good of it all. The more good visions become realities the more opportunity there is for all. I would welcome being able to create an opportunity where I could be able to post here and look for people to work with. That is not that far off in the larger vision I have. I like to work with people in a good way.....meaning total communication and dedication to the project...which comes 1st.

    As for the grey card.....we will bring one and put the shot at the beginning of the 1st roll.

    I feel that for this project we will be just fine with one grey card.

    If you feel that way about a 3D greycard I'd like to hear the results of a test from a shoot or just having fun with it for a rank transfer.....perhaps we can hear a response from a colorist if seeing varying depths of greyscale will enhance the transfer process. If it does then it will be standard operating procedure for me for all future projects. I believe that the answer will be revealed if the effort is made. I will go the 2D method on this shoot since we will have minimal set-up time for this project. Other projects in the future will certainly have more time alloted to them since they will centered around a small number of people.

    Thank you for your positive comments Alex....I certainly welcome hearing the beauty in things so that we all can concentrate on seeing, hearing, and ultimately feeling something that we all have to right to be....and that's true happiness.

    Peace and Light,

    Scott
    World Harmony Unlimited

    ------------------

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "This is not a time to concentrate on flaws or derive any negative interpretations from anybodys expression of truth"....

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Scott, very well put...

    It's great to have a wonderful downstream vision of what you want to do...but sometimes the thing right in front gets trampled, and we never get any farther.

    I'm not saying you are doing that.

    It makes perfect sense for you to have already envisioned a future goal...but why not wait until you are closer to that project that reqires 16mm to talk about it.

    If everything flows into everything else...why jump ahead in your communications.

    Life is the journey as much if not more than the destination.

    If you worked in a cubicle for a big corporation, and you mentioned to someone where you hoped to be in the near future, and it wasn't with that company...it would be both
    an honest and eye-opening statement of truthful belief, and it would also make a co-worker wonder how much time to invest in getting to know you if you are already planning to leave that company.

    I guess what I'm saying is, all honesty doesn't have to be released at the same moment in time....it can be overwhelming.

    -Alex

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by Alex (edited August 18, 2001).]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •